Thursday, November 11, 2010

Production lesson 2

I've created a Facebook group and invited twenty people who all fit the age criteria. 10 girls, 10 boys to guarantee it's not gender specific:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_164677276897171

The feedback I'd received was extremely helpful towards my decision of a name. The most popular choice was 'Express News'. I also preferred this title and from the response of my target audience, I am confident it's a sensible decision. I also posted the image of my favorite colour scheme which I found on the colour lovers website:



The majority of people liked this arrangement of colours, however one particular response indicated it should be brighter. I've acknowledged this, but decided to stick to brown warm colours that resemble or evoke an idea of breakfast coffee. I would like my newspaper to have a semantic field of mornings to co-inside with young people waking early for work, education etc and needing a wake up call. A newspaper on the go...


I feel there's a gap in the market for a paper that 'caters' for the youth of today. Something that can be entertaining but also informing without criticising the younger generation. However I've reframed from making the audience too degenerate by over advertising the age group with bright youthful colours or an age specific name as I feel that will almost be patronising.
With this response I've also developed a slogan to coincide with the 'on the go' theme:
"Your morning dose"

No comments:

Post a Comment