Thursday, November 25, 2010

Production lesson 5

As it's going to be a first issue it has to emphasize the paper's release. I would like to incorporate a banner or maybe 'badge' on the cover to project this.
I also need to take a few factors into account:
Advertisements
Price
Date
Images
Main cover story

With regards to the price I researched other popular daily tabloids:

The Sun: 30p
The Daily Mail: 50p
Daily Express: 40p
Daily Star: 30p

The average price seems to range from 30-40p. I feel as I'm targeting a younger audience, I have to take debt, the recession and education funds into account and therefore I'll price it at a reasonable price of 30p.

The advertisements have to be relevant to my target demographic as well as competitions they'll find interesting and worth purchasing.

I've decided to release the paper in May as it co-insides with my coursework deadline.





No comments:

Post a Comment